Code a Retro Arcade Game with the Future Creator Cadets
The Digital Hub’s Future Creators Cadets programme are running a number of coding workshops with local primary schools; St Catherine’s National School and the Presentation Primary School Warrenmount.
The focus of the workshops is to ensure the students develop an understanding of code and algorithms as well as to build their own Retro Games using Makecode Arcade.
Over the course of these workshops’ students will:
- Begin creating games using the Makecode Arcade Platform.
- Add sounds, characters and instructions to their games to create authentic and interesting chase games.
- Discuss how to introduce challenges such as timers and count downs as well as rewards such as scoreboards.
- Leave the 75 minute session with a greater understanding of how code works and how to create algorithms to build a game.
- Learn about computer programmers and coding languages such as Python.
- Learn how they can continue to develop their skills using the Makecode Arcade resources available on the site.
About Future Creator Cadets
Future Creators Cadets is an after-school digital learning programme for young people aged 10-to-12 years old from Dublin 8. It was established by The Digital Hub in 2015 and is delivered by H2 Learning.
Read more about the Future Creator Cadets