Why and how does the Digital Hub Development Agency (DHDA) use this website and its social media websites?
We share information that we consider to be of value to those in the sectors in which we operate, on our publically facing pages, which include but are not limited to this website and the social media websites of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+.
We use our website and social media websites to:
- Distribute news from our organisation in the form of press releases or notices of events that we run and similar news and information from our member companies (i.e. businesses located on The Digital Hub campus) our partners and stakeholders.
- Share articles, images or videos of interest to our companies, partners, stakeholders and a wider following of people – nationally and internationally – on topics which we believe will be of interest to them such as technology and digital media, digital enterprise and entrepreneurship, digital learning and creativity.
- Learn more about the above mentioned topics from the network of people we connect with on social media websites.
As we endeavour to use our time wisely we take the approach of sharing the above mentioned information on these social media websites rather than engaging in ‘chat’ that is typical of some of these online platforms – particularly Twitter and Facebook.
While we welcome feedback of any kind we find it effective to take certain conversations offline and speak in person, on the telephone or by email to most effectively answer any questions or to resolve any complaints. Please see our contact details at the end of this page.
Terms and Conditions of use:
While we do encourage user participation, there are guidelines we ask users to follow to keep all the websites and social networks we use – www.thedigitalhub.com, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+. – safe for everyone.
- This website and the platforms of Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube and Google+ are intended for use by individuals aged 18+ years.
- Minors must get permission from their parent or guardian before using any of these platforms. We recommend that parents/guardians discuss online safety first and that they monitor use of these social media websites.
- In publishing information on our website and social media websites we will endeavour to respect confidentiality and privacy, fair use and copyright.
- We reserve the right to edit and amend any information we post to make it more interesting and useful to our audience on any of these websites.
- Information posted to these websites should not be accepted as true or correct. It is up to individual users to check the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
- The views expressed by any individual on any of these websites are those of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views of DHDA.
- We monitor all types of posts made by users and we reserve the right to delete any user generated content, such as text comments, any audio or visual posts, that we deem inappropriate, offensive or out of context on any of these websites at our sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to ban users from our Social Media Websites in addition to removing posts.
- We may stop, or suspend, moderating these websites without notice at any time and we will not engage with users who are aggressive or who are in any way abusive on any of these websites.
- We are not legally responsible for any material posted by third parties on these websites.
- We disclaim any liability associated with your use of any of these websites, or for your failure to view and comply with the terms, conditions and policies of these social media websites.
- We accept no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime of any of these websites.
- A Twitter ‘retweet’, ‘favorite’, or ‘add to list’ does not constitute an endorsement.
- The same applies to sharing, liking, commenting, tagging and interacting with any type of post on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+
- By using this website and the platforms of Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube and Google+ you agree that you will not:
- Upload and share any content that is unlawful, fraudulent, offensive, abusive, threatening, and inflammatory or is in any other way objectionable and which may expose DHDA or users of our website and social networks to harm or any type of liability.
- Discriminate on grounds of age, gender, race, nationality, disability and religion/beliefs or in any other way likely to cause distress to an individual.
- Generate any type of content, such as software viruses or use any type of, site search & retrieval application or any other application that could cause any type of harm to this website, computers or IT systems.
- Generate and share any content that you do not have permission to post or infringe any intellectual property rights such as copyright or any other third party right.
- Misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person/organisation or give an impression that you are acting on behalf of DHDA.
- These terms and conditions may be updated at any time without notice and will govern your usage of this website and social media websites.
- You are responsible for checking these Terms and Conditions regularly to remain in compliance with them.
- Your use of this website and the social media websites is deemed an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Who manages this website and DHDA’s profile on social media websites and how do I contact them?
We may not be able to reply individually to all the messages we receive on these social media websites so if you wish to contact us please email the marketing team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our receptionist on +00 353 1 480 6200 who will direct your call to the Marketing and Communications Manager during our office hours of 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank & Public Holidays).
We endeavour to respond to all enquires as soon as possible and on the occasions where we may not have the information that you require immediately to-hand, we will update you regularly as we assist you with your enquiry.
Read our Terms & Conditions.
Read our Privacy Statement.