The Liber8 Music Project Returns on September 25th
There are a limited number of spaces available. To apply, please complete this application form by Friday, September 13th and email firstname.lastname@example.org or post / drop-in to Digital Depot, Roe Lane (off Thomas Street), The Digital Hub, Dublin 8, D08 TCV4.
If you have a question about The Liber8 Music Project, please telephone Caroline on 01 480 6200 or email email@example.com. The Liber8 Music Project is a free to attend, 10-week digital learning programme, with a musical focus, for 14-to-16-year olds in Dublin 8.
The Digital Hub and BIMM Institute Dublin established ‘The Liber8 Music Project’ to give young people, living in Dublin 8 and its surroundings, who may have limited exposure to music and digital media, an opportunity to immerse themselves in a creative programme.
During the free to attend programme, run outside of school for 10-weeks, the young people completed three modules:
- ‘Music Styles’ – Participants will go on a journey through lots of styles of music, what they sound like and what they mean.
- ‘Introduction to Performance Techniques’ – Participants will learn to use the guitar, bass, drums or vocals; and will perform live at the end of the project.
- ‘An Introduction to Recording and Sound Design’ – Participants will explore the use of technology to make the music they love.
When and where will classes take place?
- The Liber8 Music Project is a 10-week programme.
- Classes will take place twice a week on Wednesdays and Fridays from 4.30pm to 6.00pm.
- First class takes place Wednesday, 25th September 2019.
- Classes will be alternate between two venues; The Digital Hub (Roe Lane, off Thomas Street, Dublin 8) or BIMM Institute Dublin (Francis Street, Dublin 8).
Read more about The Liber8 Music Project here.