The Liber8 Music Project call for applications
The Liber8 Music Project is a free to attend, 10-week digital learning programme, with a musical focus, for 14-to-16-year olds in Dublin 8.
The Digital Hub and BIMM Institute Dublin established ‘The Liber8 Music Project’ to give young people, living in Dublin 8 and its surroundings, who may have limited exposure to music and digital media, an opportunity to immerse themselves in a creative programme.
During the free to attend programme, run outside of school for 10-weeks, the young people will complete three modules:
- ‘Music Styles’ – Participants will go on a journey through lots of styles of music, what they sound like and what they mean.
- ‘Introduction to Performance Techniques’ – Participants will learn to use the guitar, bass, drums or vocals; and will perform live at the end of the project.
- ‘An Introduction to Recording and Sound Design’ – Participants will explore the use of technology to make the music they love.
Throughout The Liber8 Music Programme, the young participants will develop 21st century skills, such as teamwork, communication and critical thinking skills, that they will need to succeed in their careers.
When and where will The Liber8 Music Project be held?
- The programme commences on Wednesday, 26th February 2020.
- Classes will be held after school for 10 weeks, on Wednesdays and Fridays from 4:30PM to 6PM.
- Classes take place at The Digital Hub (Digital Depot building on Roe Lane, off Thomas Street, Dublin 8) and BIMM Institute Dublin (Francis Street, Dublin 8).
- All course materials, equipment and musical instruments will be provided at classes
There are a limited number of spaces available. To apply, please complete this application form by Friday, 7th February 2020 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post / drop-in to Digital Depot, Roe Lane (off Thomas Street), The Digital Hub, Dublin 8, D08 TCV4. If you have a question about The Liber8 Music Project, please telephone Caroline on 01 480 6200 or email email@example.com.