Technovation Challenge 2020
Technovation equips young women aged 10- 18 with the skills to become tech entrepreneurs and leaders. With the support of volunteer mentors, girls work in teams to code mobile apps that address real-world problems they’ve identified. The curriculum also challenges girls to build a business plan that can bring their app to market.
Teen-Turn sessions take girls through a lesson plan towards the creation of a social enterprise that gives back to their community via their app. We are also actively looking for women in STEM / women in STEM education role models to volunteer as mentors for any of our offerings. If you would like to become a mentor, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers must be available on Fridays from 4.00pm – 5.30pm.
- Those available to mentor one session only are also welcome.
- Looking for those with expertise in any of the following: app/software development, business models, marketing/branding, videography, demo-ing and presentations (particularly of pre-commercial prototypes and start-up business).
When and where will the Technovation Challenge be held?
- The programme commences on Friday, January 10th, and will be completed in April 2020.
- Classes will be held after school for 12 weeks, on Fridays 4:00PM to 5.30PM.
- Classes take place at The Digital Hub (Digital Depot building on Roe Lane, off Thomas Street, Dublin 8).
- The Digital Hub will provide equipment for the young girls to develop their app.
Technovation is a tech education non-profit that inspires people around the world to believe in themselves as leaders and become more confident, curious problem-solvers. Technovation offers interactive learning programs in which young people ages 8-18 and adults in their community learn how to use technology to solve real-world problems. Technovation partners with leading organizations like UNESCO and UN Women, and with mentors from companies like Google, NVIDIA, and Adobe to reach children and families in more than 100 countries. To learn more, visit technovation.org.