Mentors needed for the Technovation Challenge 2019
Technovation, a flagship programme of non-profit Iridescent, is the world’s largest global tech entrepreneurship competition for girls. The programme offers girls around the world the opportunity to learn the necessary skills to emerge as tech entrepreneurs and leaders.
We are now looking for mentors, from academia and industry to volunteer their time and expertise in order to support the Technovation Challenge. If you would like to become a mentor, email or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers must be available on Fridays from 4.00pm – 5.30pm.
- Those available to mentor one session only are also welcome.
- Looking for those with expertise in any of the following: app/software development, business models, marketing/branding, videography, demo-ing and presentations (particularly of pre-commercial prototypes and start-up business).
When and where will the Technovation Challenge be held?
- The programme commences on Friday, January 18th, and will be completed in April 2018.
- Classes will be held after school for 12 weeks, on Fridays 4:00PM to 3.00PM.
- Classes take place at The Digital Hub (Digital Depot building on Roe Lane, off Thomas Street, Dublin 8).
- The Digital Hub will provide equipment for the young girls to develop their app.
Teen-Turn aims to influence course decision-making processes, inform participants on education and career options, and combat stereotypes by strategically changing how girls from underrepresented communities identify with STEM career environments through summer work placements and after school activities. Teen-Turn has an advisory board, is a fully volunteer led organisation and a registered charity (CRA RCN 20157739). Teen-Turn is a Social Innovation Fund Engage & Educate awardee.