Liber8 Music Project returns for a new term
The Liber8 Music Project, gives young people, living in Dublin 8 and its surroundings, who may have limited exposure to music and digital media, an opportunity to immerse themselves in a creative programme.
During the free to attend programme, run outside of school for 10-weeks, the young people will complete three modules:
- ‘Music Styles’– Participants will go on a journey through lots of styles of music, what they sound like and what they mean.
- ‘Introduction to Performance Techniques’ – Participants will learn to use the guitar, bass, drums or vocals; and will perform live at the end of the project.
- ‘An Introduction to Recording and Sound Design’ – Participants will explore the use of technology to make the music they love.
Throughout The Liber8 Music Programme, the young participants will develop 21st century skills, such as teamwork, communication and critical thinking skills, that they will need to employ to succeed in their careers.
When and where will The Liber8 Music Project be held?
- The programme commences on Wednesday, 26th September 2018, and will be completed in December 2018.
- Classes will be held after school for 10 weeks, on Wednesdays and Fridays from 4:30PM to 6PM.
- Classes take place at The Digital Hub (Digital Depot building on Roe Lane, off Thomas Street, Dublin 8) and BIMM Institute Dublin (Francis Street, Dublin 8).
- All course materials, equipment and musical instruments will be provided at classes
If you have a question about The Liber8 Music Project, please telephone Caroline on 01 480 6200 or email email@example.com.