Join Screen8 – a out-of-school programme for young filmmakers
Screen8 is a free out-of-school programme run by The Digital Hub and the Dublin International Film Festival (DIFF) which is designed to give young people an opportunity to be creative and develop filmmaking skills and talents. The course tutor is award-winning filmmaker, Helen Flanagan.
Who can take part in Screen8?
- Participants must be aged 15 to 17 years old (recommended to be in Transition or 5th Year).
- They must be resident in Dublin 8, or surrounding areas.
- They must have the drive and determination to attend every Saturday throughout the 4-month programme (Excluding school holidays).
- No previous filmmaking experience is required.
What will the young people learn?
- Screen8 participants will have the opportunity to create and crew their own short film. They will develop a script with Helen, coordinate its production, experience being part of a film crew and participate in the editing process.
- Screen8 participants will learn the fundamentals of filmmaking process and the important stages involved from script to screen.
- Participants will learn about career opportunities in the film industry.
- Screen8 participants will meet filmmaking professionals working in departments such as cinematography, acting, production design, etc. who will attend the course as guest speakers.
- The course will culminate with a public screening of the movie.
When and where will classes take place?
- Screen8 is a 4-month programme.
- Classes will take place once a week on Saturdays.
- First class takes place on Saturday 29th February 2020.
- Classes will take place at The Digital Hub (Digital Depot, Roe Lane, off Thomas Street, The Digital Hub, Dublin 8, D08 TCV4.).
Anything else to know?
- All course materials and equipment will be provided.
- The course will be led by Irish filmmaker Helen Flanagan.
- All tutors are fully trained professionals, and are Garda vetted.
To apply please complete this application form by Friday 7th February 2020 and email it to email@example.com or post / drop-in to Digital Depot, Roe Lane (off Thomas Street), The Digital Hub, Dublin 8, D08 TCV4.
Need more information?
If you have a question, telephone Caroline on 01 480 6200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about Screen8 at www.thedigitalhub.com/screen8 and www.diff.ie