Introduction to Music Production course – Learn Ableton using Zoom
The Digital Hub and BIMM Dublin are running two 5-week Music Production courses starting Wednesday, 24th Feb or Wednesday, 14th April. Start times for both are from 7pm to 8pm. This free-to-attend course is aimed at students 15 years or older.
Students will learn the basics of Ableton software, and music production techniques and create their own track. A limited number of spaces are available. To apply or ask a question about the course please email email@example.com or telephone Caroline on 01 480 6200.
This course is delivered by The Digital Hub and BIMM Dublin who are partners on ‘The Liber8 Music Project’ which has been running since 2017 to young people, living in Dublin 8, who have limited exposure to music and digital media, an opportunity to immerse themselves in a creative programme. This course is part of The Liber8 Music Project delivered by The Digital Hub and BIMM Dublin. Updates will be made available at https://www.thedigitalhub.com/liber8musicproject
Process & Requirements
- Using Zoom, a small group of 5-10 students will download a trial version of Ableton, install it, and set it up on their computer.
- Tutors will have the ability to remotely guide the student through the learning and creative process, to the point where the student creates their own track.
- The tutor can be given safe access to the students’ screen and manipulate the software to show the student how to use it.
- Over 5 evening classes the tutors will show you how to use the software and the basics of music production.
- The student will simply need a computer capable of downloading and installing the free trial of Ableton, and broadband to participate in the online lessons.
Read more about BIMM Institute Dublin at http://www.bimm.ie