The Digital Hub signs energy partnership agreement with SEAI.
The Digital Hub Development Agency has become a member of SEAI’s Public Sector Energy Partnership Programme through which it will lead by example in its contribution to the Public Sector energy efficiency improvement target of 33% set for 2020.
It will achieve this by:
- Developing and implementing a structured energy management programme.
- Establishing and implementing an annual action plan to deliver energy savings in the short term.
- Identifying and implementing longer term strategic initiatives to work towards the target.
- Adopting energy efficient procurement practices.
- Reviewing and reassessing the energy management programme annually.
- Reporting annually on energy efficiency initiative and savings made.
- Sharing information on progress with SEAI.
SEAI is committed to working in partnership with the Digital Hub Development Agency to help it achieve valuable and sustainable energy savings as a contribution to meeting the required national target.
As a first-step The Digital Hub will conduct an Energy Audit of active buildings on its campus with a view to scoping an Energy Performance Contract for multiple buildings. The Digital Hub will also establish and implement a structured energy management programme and an action plan for energy efficiency projects to deliver energy savings in the short and long term.
Pictured at the signing of The Digital Hub’s energy partnership agreement with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) is Fiach Mac Conghail, CEO of the Digital Hub Development Agency, Gabriela Miralha da Silveira, Operations Manager, Digital Hub Development Agency and Jim Gannon, CEO of the SEAI.