The #D8 Together Video Challenge — a new programme for students in Dublin 8
The #D8 Together Video Challenge is a programme for local secondary school students from CB Media and The Digital Hub.
The programme is designed to foster positive youth development and resilience, a trait which is needed now more than ever to help students recognise their own strengths and explore mental health in ways that are meaningful and productive to them.
The programme will challenge students to learn how to produce their own professional videos, enhance connectedness, and support each other through sharing stories of strength, while learning the skill of video production, filming and editing, which will be useful for their future careers.
How it works
- Over 11 one-hour sessions students over Zoom student will receive training in creating their own professional-looking videos telling their stories of strength and resilience.
- Students are given live instruction and a task to be completed during the live session, with the support of the video producer and facilitator Cynthia Baloula as well as CB Media designated school liaison person Louise O’Neill.
What is needed
- A laptop or a desktop to attend the live classes.
- A laptop that has a camera, a computer with a webcam or a smartphone that has a camera to film the video.
- An internet connection.
- The programme is open to all secondary school students from 14- to 16-years-old in Dublin 8.
- For the in-school video challenge 15 students will be recruited by participating schools.
- For the after-school video challenge student are welcome to apply directly to CB Media and a group of 15 will be selected to participate.
Start dates and times
There will be two video challenges running at the same time:
1. A video challenge during academic schedule — the exact dates and times will be agreed upon with the school.
2. An after-school video challenge, comprising of an hour session every week for 11 weeks at a recurring day and time which will be confirmed.
If you are a teacher or a student at a Dublin 8 school that would like to learn more about taking part in this programme please email email@example.com