Inspire Online Mentoring For Young People
INSPIRE is a new mentoring programme for young people in the Ballymun, Finglas and Liberties communities. Covid-19 has had an impact on young people with familiar structures (education, work) changing and the future uncertain.
What is INSPIRE?
- INSPIRE is an exciting new mentoring programme that has resulted from a collaboration between Innovate Communities and LinkedIn.
- A simple concept. Match a Mentee (18 – 25 years) with an experienced professional (Mentor) from their own community.
Who is the mentee?
The mentee is a young person aged 18-25 who believes they could do with a supportive adult in their life, to guide and support them. Their mentor is not going to tell them what to do. They will listen to them and in time, together, come up with a plan that will help the young person achieve their goals and dreams in life.
Who are the mentors?
- All completed an application form, provided references and have been interviewed
- From a variety of sectors – Business, Legal, Hospitality, Health & Fitness, IT and Education
- All very experienced and from these three communities
- All the mentors will receive comprehensive training and ongoing support from the PM
If you need any additional information or have questions, please contact the Programme Manager: Elaine McGauran: E: firstname.lastname@example.org M: 087-6504696