Test Engineering Technician
RemedyBio is an immunology-focused discovery and development company based in Dublin, Ireland. It has pioneered a new approach to understanding the immune system and the discovery of new therapies.
The company’s mission is to discover safe, more effective, antibodies and cell therapies, based on the mapping of immune system interactions with disease biology, as well as providing deep biological insight to research and pharma. RemedyBio’s proprietary NanoreactorTM platform, analyses billions of single cells and can determine how these function, at an unprecedented scale.
Working with pharma partners, this capability can be used to discover new precision therapies against cancer, infectious diseases and immune disorders, and to create powerful personalised therapies tailored to a specific person’s needs. To learn more about the company please visit our website www.remedybiologics.com
Due to continuing growth, an opportunity has arisen to invite applicants for the role of Test Engineering Technician.
Due to continuing growth, we are currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to work as a Test Engineering Technician to join our R&D Engineering team. As a Test Engineering Technician in RemedyBio you will support a team of Engineers and Scientists to develop a microcapillary based single cell analysis platform to deliver highly innovative programmes in immunotherapy. This role requires individuals to have some experience working with instrumentation prototype assembly, modification and testing and a clear understanding of clinical sample analysis platform testing and validation.
- Work as part of the Engineering team on the day-to-day lab activities
- Execute testing protocols and validation of new designs for our proprietary single cell analysis platform
- Support build and test of prototype, development, design verification and process validation units
- Work with the Engineering team developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing methods and procedures
- Analyse and record test data and generate reports
- Use statistical methods to identify recurring problems and give detailed reports on defects
- Procure prototype equipment/ fixtures
- Calibrating, improving and performing maintenance on test equipment
- Labelling arrays
- 3D printing of prototype components
- Comply with H&S requirements
- Actively participate in drafting and revision of technical documentation, SOPs and Risk Assessments in coordination with R&D Engineers
- Support and collaborate with other lab members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Certificate or Third level diploma/degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. electrical, automation, instrumentation or mechanical). A background in biological science with hands on experience in Engineering lab will also be considered
- 2+ years lab experience in an industrial or clinical laboratory setting is mandatory. Experience in a start-up environment is desirable
- Able to maintain complete and accurate records and work in accordance with established procedures
- Good knowledge of electronics and software control systems. LabVIEW, python, C/C++ programming knowledge an advantage
- Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks would be an asset
- Must have excellent debug and problem solving skills
- Experience with microfluidics, cell culture and aseptic techniques would be a distinctive advantage
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Good time management skills and ability to meet and accommodate multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Flexible approach is necessary to work in a fast-paced innovative environment