Technical Support / customer success engineer
Wattics is one of the fastest growing companies in the energy analytics market and offers world-class SaaS solutions to B2B clients. Our customers are teams of energy consultants, energy analysts, sustainability and energy managers working in multinational companies all over the world
We are now seeking an organised, articulate and business minded customer support / success engineer with experience in IoT and energy metering, electrical and IT industry, responsible for providing meter configuration assistance, remote troubleshooting and a great support to our international network of energy partners, while proposing technical solutions to improve scalability, increase automation and for new business opportunities.
You need prior experience with hardware, wiring, commissioning and troubleshooting of energy metering systems (Modbus meters, BMS, SCADA, sensors, electrical/water/gas installations), and you should have intermediate networking and IT skills.
From our office in Dublin or remotely, you will be responsible for providing technical and engineering support / advice to our partners worldwide for the implementation of Wattics energy analytics platform and metering solutions. You should have a flexible working nature and be capable of working with a minimum of supervision. You will be working closely with the sales, customer success and technical teams, and will be a key element in our sales and technical support process.
What we are looking for
- You are an electrical engineer, energy or IT school graduate with fluency in English and with relevant working experience energy management systems (metering hardware and software).
- You are dynamic, well organised and methodological with excellent communications skills (oral and written, you are eager and capable of evolving in a start-up environment.
- Engineering/technical degree (electrical, electronic, energy, IT)
- Previous hands-on experience in installing and troubleshooting sensors, energy meters, network gateways
- Good fault analysis skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Capable of working with live (230V, 50 Hz) equipment safely
- Fluent in English
- Great team spirit
- A knowledge of Slack, Intercom, CRM, FTP data transfer, etc is highly desirable.
What you will do
- Establish yourself as trusted/strategic advisor for our customers and assist them on technical support queries via Intercom, email and conference calls
- Take part of all phases of the customer journey with the team (post sale, solution implementation phase, support activities, platform adoption and expansion)
- Conduct product trainings and demonstrations for customers
- Provide a timely and outstanding customer support and identify upselling opportunities with clients
- Conduct business requirements discussions with clients to identify how our solution will enable them to meet those requirements
- Feed our product roadmap with feedbacks from customer interactions and from your own experience
- Understand metering hardware and software feature requirements from partners
- Streamline information flow between customers and Wattics software dev team
- Specify metering projects and remote assistance during installation and commissioning of metering hardware and software commissioning as required
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- Constantly improve our project management processes
- Assist the technology roadmap, provide wireframe of functionalities, highlight bugs and prioritise development with senior software engineers.
Tools you will use
- Wattics data analytics platform for energy management
- Intercom for in-app customer communication and announcements
- Slack for communicating with the Wattics team and related tools
- Trello for sprint planning and dev task allocation
- Hubspot for CRM and morning scrums
- Filezilla FTP data transfer
Remuneration and Benefits
- A competitive salary within a successful international and growing company that offers you the possibility of escalating careers via commitment and creativity.
- 5 weeks paid holidays + 1 extra week paid to pursue your own project to help the World.
- A great office environment, fun, fast paced, young, outgoing, positive and friendly (8 nationalities).
- Three times per year company retreats in remote locations with social outdoor team activities.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent
- Assistance with relocation if required.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality.