Ruby on Rails full-stack developer
Exciting opportunity for talented and passionate full-stack web developers that want to work on a global energy and sustainability analytics platform and join an international team that strives to release software with the highest standard to make the world a better place.
Wattics is a global web analytics platform that is radically changing the way businesses track sustainability and analyse energy-saving opportunities through machine learning to improve work conditions and become more respectful towards the environment. Wattics receives data from thousands of energy meters, IoT devices, environmental data and other business data from over 100 countries. We process that data to improve global sustainability, climate change and energy efficiency. Our platform is used by thousands of huge brands located all over the world such as (Google, Apple Computers, Prada, Abbott, Gucci, Philips, Greenvale, Clarion, Hilton, Ikea, Tiffany). We grow a community of thousands of energy managers, analysts and sustainability managers that use our platform to achieve their goals. They use Wattics to make reports on their building performance, gain insights about their consumption/production, identify inefficiencies for sites and facilities.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are an informal and multicultural team of Irish, Venezuelan, Ukraine, Brazilian, Indian, Italian, Chinese, Americans and South African. We choose to work remotely or in our Dublin office. We all believe in sustainability, respect for mother earth and energy efficiency. We organize great company retreats where we brainstorm and continuously learn and innovate our platform. We love staying outdoor, we hike, we prepare organic international food and love our cultural diversity and spending time together to learn the perks of it.
ABOUT YOUR SKILLS
- You have good knowledge of AWS and some skills in DevOps
- You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- You are a passionate developer with a BS or MS in a computer-related or science field
- You are a detail-oriented, methodical, perfectionist and adaptable to work well in a team
- You have excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- You can handle direct client communication and develop new product specifications
- You have done some great work and will be proud to show it to us.
Note: We can only accept people that are willing to work in Ireland and do not require a visa. Please apply to the position only if you are eligible or have a valid working visa.
- You will work with an excited small international team of skilled engineers and product owners in an agile development environment with daily scrums and bi-weekly sprint meetings
- You will work in the core team responsible for the design and implementation of new features and functionalities according to client requirements in Ruby On Rails and React.
- You will actively contribute to brainstorming, technology roadmap, and strategy sessions.
- You will be responsible for proactively looking for ways to improve performance, simplify interactions, and automate management for better consumption.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- Ruby On Rails (mandatory 5+ years for Seniors, 2+ years for juniors)
- JQuery, React
- Rspec, Capybara, Teaspoon
- Linux shell
- Git & Github (code reviews are part of our workflow)
- AWS, codeship
- Agile methodologies, Slack, Trello, etc
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
- A competitive salary.
- 5 weeks paid holidays + 1 extra week paid to pursue your own project to help the World.
- The choice to work remotely or use our offices.
- An inclusive multicultural environment, fun, fast-paced, young, outgoing, positive and friendly.
- Excellent career opportunities to develop your skills and grow massively within the company.
- Regular country-side team retreats to brainstorm and lay the foundation for the next big thing.
- Our business centre in Dublin is equipped with showers, canteen, café, meeting areas, parking.
- Help with relocation if needed.
- Budget for advanced courses to improve your skills.
- Private health insurance