Bioinformatics Senior Scientist
RemedyBio is an immunology-focused discovery and development company based in Dublin, Ireland. It has pioneered a new approach to understanding the immune system and the discovery of new therapies. The company’s mission is to discover safe, more effective, antibodies and cell therapies, based on the mapping of the immune system interactions with disease biology, as well as providing deep biological insight to research and pharma. RemedyBio’s proprietary NanoreactorTM platform analyses millions of single cells and can determine how these function at an unprecedented scale. Working with pharma partners, this capability can be used to discover new precision therapies against cancer, infectious diseases and immune disorders, and to create powerful personalised therapies tailored to a specific person’s needs. To learn more about the company please visit our website www.remedybiologics.com
Due to continuing growth, an opportunity has arisen to invite applicants for the role of Bioinformatics Senior Scientist.
This is a key Technical Role responsible for providing/overseeing the analysis of high throughput sequencing data to support novel targets discovery and validation analysis. The individual will be responsible for the analysis of large, high dimensional datasets derived from bulk- and single-cell technologies, including high-parameter flow cytometry, gene expression, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, TCR-seq and proteomics analysis as part of the RemedyBio programme to unlock the potential of immune cells in cancer treatment. The successful candidate should have a thorough knowledge of genomics, excellent programming skills, and ideally have hands on experience with TCR clonotyping.
- Develop pipelines to build RemedyBio infrastructure and computational biology capabilities
- Carry out exploratory analysis to support the Immuno oncology research objectives
- Identify and validate novel TCR targets for Immunotherapy
- Writing and packaging off-the-shelf scripts into custom pipelines for NGS and/other data analysis, enabling data analysis by non-bioinformaticians
- Contribute to the development and benchmarking of new neoantigen prediction algorithms
- Integrate multimodal NGS and non-NGS data sets to identify biomarker signatures or provide functional mechanism hypothesis
- Provide expert advice on experimental design and data interpretation in collaboration with R&D lab scientists
- Perform other duties related to laboratory performance and efficiency as assigned to support the overall objective of the position.
- Configure computational and storage resources in a cloud environment (AWS)
- Msc or PhD in Bioinformatics, Genetics, Computational Biology or related field with 3+ years of industry experience.
- Deep understanding of NGS sequence analysis, single cell RNA, ATAC- seq, TCR sequencing and similar technologies
- Fluent in high level scripting language (e.g. python, R), workflow management (eg. Snakemake) and documentation (e-notebooks)
- Experience in the fields of cancer, viral, or rare disease genomics, haplotype and variant inference, cell-free DNA sequencing, methylation sequencing, single cell B cell sequencing is desired.
- Experience with mining public data sets, such as TCGA, GTEx, and CCLE
- Experience with using version control systems (Git)
- Adept at working as part of multidisciplinary teams, with excellent communication skills
- Familiar with immunology and cancer immunotherapy desirable
- Open to learning new techniques and implementing them in the group
- Experience working within a cross-functional therapeutic program team
- Capable of designing work independently and completing tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a fast paced start up environment an advantage