As a software developer at MEG you are expected to build new features and fix bugs across our web and mobile platforms. Our main product is composed of a django web application deployed in azure managed kubernetes which exposes a REST API consumed by an Angular application. The angular application is compiled to Android, iOS and Windows using apache cordova. The django application also has its own frontend.
The majority of your work will relate to python development of the django application, along with some angular work for the frontend application. We’re a small but relatively fast moving development team, who deploy frequently on a continuous basis and optimise the product incrementally based on customer feedback. You will be supported by the customer success team and fellow developers who act as a conduit between you and the customer to help you best understand the requirements of any particular task.
This role reports directly to the CIO. There are 4 developers on the team and 3 quality assurance engineers.
- Develop MEG’s range of clinical support Apps & Websites for the health tech industry
- Contribute PEP8 compliant, typed, efficient python code to the django codebase
- Work on the Angular app in Typescript
- Ensure that your code has full test coverage and work with QA to take each task to completion
- Manage integrations to third party systems
- Taking part in stand-up meetings with our design and development team
- 5 years Software Engineering experience
- Strong experience working with Python to develop robust and efficient software
- Experience integrating with third party systems
- Experience working with datasets using Pandas library
- Experience of using version control software such as Git or similar
- Working with a multidisciplinary team of designers and developers
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as to defined deadlines
Nice to have
- 25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays
- Opportunities for flexible working hours, encouraging everyone to have a healthy work-life balance
- Company-funded social events
- For employees who choose to work in the office, MEG offers cycle-to work and public transport commuter schemes and encourages employees to take part
- Investment into your professional development and opportunities for career progression
- Comfortable office space in co-working environment in Dublin city for those who prefer hybrid or office-based working arrangements
- An open and democratic work culture where everyone can contribute, learn and teach
- Flexible, within Ireland.
- Equal Opportunities