Senior Full Stack Developer / Chief Technology Officer
patientMpower is a digital health company that builds software for patients and hospitals. Our team is based in The Digital Hub, Dublin (beside the Guinness Brewery & Storehouse). We are passionate about empowering patients to have better health outcomes. We also care about providing better data to enable health providers measure outcomes and move towards value based healthcare.
We’ve developed a platform for patients to manage their condition, get access to their medical data, and communicate with their healthcare provider. We have solutions for lung and kidney conditions, empowering patients with tools, data, and content which is validated by leading medical experts. Our platform connects with hospital systems allowing them to send data to patients and receive home diagnostic data such as blood pressure. We are working with leading hospitals in the US and Europe, and have patients using our mobile application worldwide.
Why is this role important?
We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer who is looking to take the next steps in their career and become a Chief Technology Officer. You will have responsibility for both the technical direction of the company and the growth of the engineering team. Our perfect candidate will have a good understanding of some of the languages we currently use such as Python (Django Framework), Swift, and Java. With evolution in technology we expect this list to change based on your input. We’re looking for someone who looks at the advantages and drawbacks of different approaches and builds the best solution, rather than applying years of experience with any one framework or tool.
What you’ll do (responsibilities):
- Lead and mentor a development team in the technical direction of our products
- Make architectural decisions that will help us scale our products
- Provide input on technical design and product features
- Work with third-party data partners
- Optimise API integrations and current/future databases
- Understand and implement security/data protection procedures
- Work cross-functionally with an agile team of developers, UX/UI designers, and QA testers.
What we’re looking for (Qualifications & Skills):
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field
- Previous experience working in a senior role (e.g. Lead Developer, Head of Engineering, CTO, Senior Developer, etc.)
- Experienced working in an agile team environment and associated development tools (e.g., JIRA, GitHub, PyUnit, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack software development
- Strong understanding of modern software architecture and technical infrastructures
- Experience building complex software products from concept to production
- Someone who likes to be hands on with coding and lead by example to the team
- Attention to detail and the ability to master new applications and technologies quickly
- Experience working with very large datasets and understanding how to evolve, optimise and scale architectures
- Experienced in data governance and data security
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Nice to have (but not essential):
- Interest in healthcare, specifically in helping people with lung and kidney conditions live better
- Previous experience developing software for use in healthcare and use of health APIs such as HL7 FHIR
Apply now here
patientMpower is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes diversity in our workplace. This position is located in our HQ in Dublin, Ireland and the successful candidate must be eligible to work full time in Ireland without sponsorship.
Read more about patientMpower at: https://info.patientmpower.com/