The role is ideally suited to a recent graduate who hopes to gain a footing in the world of user experience design. However, it may also suit a more experienced illustrator who is aiming to diversify their work and is available on a part-time basis.
We are open to applications from both types of candidates. Our final decision will be based on the quality of the candidate’s portfolio and their level of enthusiasm and interest in our sector. You will develop storyboards to tell stories about the software and services that we design and build.
These will be created at different levels of quality from quick, rough sketches to document an idea as it is being discussed right through to high-fidelity, colourised boards that will help to shape flow, experience and outcomes.
- Illustrations have an important part to play in our user interface design work. You will be responsible for the creation of illustrations that simplify a concept, convey an emotional message or add lightness and colour to a screen.
- You will be part of a UX project team and have the opportunity to learn first-hand how our industry works.
- You will be employed primarily for your illustration skills but will have the opportunity to expand into the broader area of UI Design and will be actively mentored by Senior Team members on this journey.
- First and foremost, an excellent portfolio of illustration work showcasing a variety of different styles.
- A demonstrable interest in UX & CX Design. You don’t need to have evidence of this in your portfolio but you do need to be able to prove that you genuinely want to work in the industry.
- A formal qualification in illustration would be helpful but not essential.
- Experience with digital illustration tools – e.g., Adobe Illustrator, Procreate, etc
- Professional, with great communication skills – you’ll be client-facing and expected to ask the right
- You are a natural-born storyteller and know how to create storyboards that capture the essence of a
product or service.
Please send CV and salary expectations before 25 January 2021 to Seán Murphy – email@example.com.