Jun 26, 2019
Black Shamrock is looking for an Creative Director to work within the creative department to develop the overall vision of our game pertaining to interactivity, show, and marketing elements.
As Creative Director, you will train the game designers for all of their tasks, whether they’re related to publishing or production. You will also work broadly with executive management and with the production department, handling oversight of the editorial line and suggesting improvements to the creative processes.
What you will be doing
- Training the game and level designer teams in Dublin, whilst being responsible for the quality of the studio’s output in terms of game design: concept work, prototypes, and finalised games.
- Work closely with the Production, as well as the Managing Director, to ensure a high level of innovation in our projects.
- Play an active role in the dissemination of design knowledge throughout the studio and ensure that information provided to the production teams is relevant.
- In addition to documentation, you will be a driving force behind suggestions regarding improvement of the suitability and efficiency of the studio’s creation processes
What you should have
- At least 6 years of experience in the video-game industry.
- Several titles under your belt where you served in a Lead Designer position (or higher).
- Extensive knowledge of the production process of a console/PC game
- True mastery of tools for production (particularly Excel) and prototyping.
- An understanding and mastery of brainstorming-related creation processes. You know how to inspire creativity among the production teams.
- You’re fluent in English and are able to clearly express your ideas or support complex arguments in that language.
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- Full-time in-house position
- Central Dublin location
- Available as soon as possible
- Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Apply to this role via https://blackshamrock.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0jkhm/