Chief Operating Officer
patientMpower is a digital healthcare company providing technology solutions for people living with long-term illnesses. We are passionate about empowering better outcomes by enabling patients to better manage their care and by providing unique data insights for healthcare providers and researchers to improve treatments.
The successful candidate will gain a real appreciation for the needs of both patients and healthcare workers and how software can have a transformative impact in the delivery of care. By working here, you can play your own unique role in making life better for people living with difficult medical conditions. At patientMpower we encourage and support employees to be brave in their thinking, learn continuously and grow personally and professionally.
COVID-19 is placing unprecedented demands on our healthcare customers. They in turn are looking to companies like patientMpower to implement remote patient monitoring solutions within demanding timescales, allowing them to provide continuity of high quality care to their patients despite these turbulent times. We are looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO), responsible to develop and deploy strategies for scaling the operations facing significant growth which has been stimulated by COVID-19. The COO will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for finance, HR, customer delivery and support, quality management and program management.
● Direct the day to day operations of the organisation with responsibility for program management across the company
● Customer solutions delivery and operational support. Implement a culture of continuous improvement in refining and documenting processes along with KPIs to monitor performance and
inform the team
● Partner with the product team to define and implement the cloud infrastructure necessary to meet the service level required by the applications. Manage the operations and security of the cloud
infrastructure, ensuring that SLAs are well-known, documented and continuously monitored
● Ensuring all our solutions comply with relevant data privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR, HIPAA), ensuring transparency in how we process data will all our healthcare, patient and research users
● Quality management and monitoring across patientMpower including understanding and managing software quality, and developing our Quality Management System (QMS) with a goal to gain ISO 13485 certification underpinning our Software As a Medical Device developments
● Inventory management of our medical device hardware and logistics processes for getting devices to our hospital clients and patient users on time
● Responsibility for financial management, P&L and cash flow reporting
● Responsibility for all customer contract management, legal functions and compliance
● Responsible for human resources and recruitment in our Dublin and Chicago offices. Be responsible for establishing/reinforcing culture and communication as we grow our footprint
across time zones
● 10+ years experience across a range of role types, including a SaaS operational environment
with excellent attention to detail in keeping quality standards high while growing the organisation
● Experienced in scaling up an organisation while meeting demanding customer deliverables
● HR, legal, compliance experience
● Must have excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
● Demonstrated career progression that illustrates the ability to prioritize critical factors for the
success of the business and to lead a team through effective execution of strategy and change
● Excellent communication skills with key customers and stakeholders
Nice to have but not mandatory
● Healthcare experience
● Experience with software medical device regulations
Job Location: Working from home due to COVID-19 restrictions, but in the future based in our office in Dublin 8
To apply now for this role email: email@example.com