May 16, 2019
Girls in Tech Hackathon at The Digital Hub – May 24-26
The Girls in Tech Hacking for Humanity is a hack for good. They work with local NGOs/Charities so that attendees can solve pressing and relevant business challenges that will make a difference in their community.
The Digital Hub is delighted to support The Girls in Tech ‘Hacking for Humanity’ hackathon by being the host venue and providing a prize; a two-desk space at The Digital Hub’s Digital Depot building for a three months period. The building is a former Guinness Brewery print works, and now bright and contemporary office space, designed to encourage a collaborative digital community. While based at The Digital Hub the winner can avail of opportunities for collaboration and knowledge-sharing through regular networking and social events and seminars on campus.
Register via Eventbrite at: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/come-to-the-first-women-in-tech-hackathon-in-ireland-tickets-55403181407
- Who will be there? Developers, designers, business backgrounds (HR, Marketing, Sales, Consulting, etc), scientists, students, product developers, entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, educators and the likes.
- Do you need any technical skills? Hackathons are a chance for everyone with any background to contribute. You don’t need any technical skills to contribute. Come see for yourself.
- What will you get? You will meet really cool like-minded people that you’ll get to work with for a weekend. You will get exposed to how it’s like to take an idea and create a concept ready for market. You will learn new skills. The most innovative ideas will have the chance to pitch your ideas to judges. You will get to win top notch prizes.
- Will there be help? Yes, Mentors will be present to guide the attendees all through out.
- Can men attend? Yes, we are inclusive and open to everyone. We promote gender equality and bridging the gap in the technology and startup spaces.
- 6:30pm – 10pm – Friday May 24th – Kick off reception with high profile industry keynote speakers & judges
- 9am – 5pm – Saturday May 25th – Hackathon (challenges released and mentors available)
- 9am – 5pm – Sunday May 26th – Hackathon (Pitch competition & Winners selected)
Read more about Girls in Tech at: https://girlsintech.org/