Toastmasters, at The Digital Hub: Upskill, network, and test your pitches
Toastmasters is a relaxed, fun and enjoyable workshop in which participants hone their public speaking and leadership skills in a no pressure atmosphere. Fees will only be payable if you decide to join our Toastmasters group. The can be paid by individuals or by their company.
Date: Wednesday, 12th April
Time: 1pm to 2pm
Venue: Learning Studio, Digital Depot, Roe Lane (off Thomas Street), The Digital Hub, Dublin 8, D08 TCV4.
For further information, please contact us by email at email@example.com
“Since joining Toastmasters, I’ve put forward a motion to my cycling club about something that I’m passionate about. I would not have had the same level of confidence or been able to control the conversation half as much without some simple situational practise that I’ve received in Toastmasters … and to think that this was all achieved in a friendly environment”
Reasons to attend:
- Become a better, more confident public speaker and communicator
- Improve your presentation skills
- Develop and improve impromptu speaking skills
- Learn how to successfully persuade, motivate and inspire others
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Become a more effective and focused listener
- Practice sales and marketing pitches, and get instant feedback
- In these hour-long meetings, you will hear two prepared speeches from members of the group.
- A topics session begins after the prepared speech presentation.
- The Topicsmaster will give a topic and the group will have the opportunity to speak on each topic, for up to one minute each.
- After the table topics, the Toastmaster will evaluate both speeches in a constructive manner.
- At the end of each session the Toastmaster will assign roles for the next meeting including; Timer, Topicsmaster, Speaker 1 and Speaker 2, and a Evaluator
Find our more about Toastmasters at www.dublintoastmasters.ie